I love the meaty and umami flavours of mushrooms. This is a great winter addition to any buddha bowl. If you are not able to find a range of mushrooms, you can make this from one type of mushrooms.
1 portabello mushroom or 10 white button mushrooms, sliced
Pack of mixed mushrooms (you can get these from Safeway, made up of enoki mushrooms, wood ear etc)
5 slices of dried Shitake mushrooms (you can get these from Asian grocers)
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 inch ginger, grated
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Sautee onion in with some broth until translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and sautee for a minute.
- Add all mushrooms except for dried shitake, and soy sauce. Sautee until mushrooms have reduced.
- Add enough broth to cover mushrooms and add shitake.
- Simmer for at least 15 minutes but you can simmer for an hour to bring out all the flavours. Just top up enough stock.