My quest to search for a plant milk with no added sugar, no added oil and no E numbers came to a miserable fail despite enduring the embarrassment of spending too much time in the plant milk aisle. The solution was making my own plant milk which was surprisingly easy.
1/4 cup raw cashews (soaked for 6 hours or overnight)
1 cup water
- Soak raw cashews for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain cashews and blend in a fast speed blender with water.
- Use nut milk as is in cereals or smoothies, the extra fibre is great for you. However
- if you are adding to beverages, you may want to put the milk through a nut bag to
- sift out the nut particles.