This makes a hearty dinner where left overs makes a good lunchbox option.
1 kg potatoes, cooked and cooled
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup plant milk (e.g., soy, oat, almond, cashew)
1 tablespoon mustard
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
3 tablespoon jalapenos, chopped
5 sundried tomatoes, chopped
1/4 red onion, chopped
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
- Cut the cooked and cooled potatoes lengthways. Scoop out the middle, leaving about 2cm of potato skin.
- In a food processor, add the scooped out potato, garlic, milk, mustard, nutritional yeast and chick peas. Process until there are no lumps.
- Stir in the parsley, jalapenos, sundried tomatoes and red onion. Season to taste.
- Fill the potato skins with your prepared mash filling.
- Bake at 400F/200C for 10 to 20 minutes until the tops are golden.
- Serve drizzled with tahini sauce with a side of salad leaves.