Picnic and house parties continue over summer and these sausage rolls are the perfect things to bring with you to share with friends. Make sure to eat a few before you put them out, these will get gobbled up very quickly by everybody!
1 onion chopped
2 garlic minced
1/2 cup roasted cashews
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup basil leaves
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon onion powder
300g tofu drained
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 puff pastry sheets
Plant milk for brushing the sausage rolls
Sesame seeds for sprinkling on top of sausage rolls
- Wrap tofu in a tea towel and place a heavy saucepan on top for 15 minutes to press out excess liquid.
- Sautee onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of water until onion is translucent.
- Put oats in food processor until oats are chopped up.
- Add onion, garlic, cashews, tofu, herbs, spices and soy sauce and process until it resembles a paste.
- Divide paste in 2 and place in the centre of each pastry sheet. Alternatively you can also cut each pastry sheet into 4 squares and make smaller sausage rolls.
- Roll the pastry, brush with plant milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake in pre-heated oven 200C/400F for 20 minutes.