I was so inspired by the pea, celery and potato soup I had at Table8 in Tokyo that I had to recreate this. This soup can be portioned and freezes well for a quick, healthy and heart warming meal.
1/2 onion, diced
1 garlic, minced
3 stalks celery, diced
3 cups peas
2 potatoes, cut into big cubes
5 cups broth
Small bunch of thyme and handful of parsley chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee onion in a stock pot, add a little water as the onion start to caramalise to prevent sticking. Add garlic.
- Add celery, potatoes, stock and bring to boil. Then reduce to a simmer. Add herbs and seasoning.
- Simmer for half hour or until potatoes have soften.
- Add peas and simmer for a minute. Turn off heat.
- Using a handheld blender, puree the soup until it has a smooth consistency. Ready to serve!