This is a beautiful creamy pasta without the queasy feeling after eating a rich and greasy meal.
250 grams fettuccini
1 cup peas
1/4 cups cashews soaked for 6 hours and drained
1/2 white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup cooked cauliflower
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon mustard
1/2 cup broth
Salt and pepper
- Cook fettuccini following instructions on package.
- Whilst fettuccini is cooking, sautee onion in a non-stick pan. Add a small amount of water as onion starts to caramalise to prevent sticking. Add garlic.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until a smooth sauce.
- One minute before fettucini is cooked, add peas.
- Complete cooking pasta and drain pasta and peas.
- Return pasta and peas back into pot, toss alfredo sauce through pasta.
- Top with chopped chives. Ready to serve!