This is the most refreshing drink that has the delicate flavours of lychees that brings me right back to memories of hot summers by the pool. The lemon lime bitters add a beautiful flavour to the mocktail. However if that is too sweet for you, you may use soda water instead. If you do not have an ice crushing blender at home, you may shake the drinks up in a cocktail shaker but you will have to half the ingredients for it to fit in your cocktail shaker.
250g (approx) canned lychees in syrup, chilled and reserving 6 lychees
15 mint leaves, reserving 6 leaves
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon elderflower syrup
4-6 cups ice
Lemon lime bitters or soda water
- Place half of the ice and rest of ingredients, except for the reserved lychees, reserved mint leaves and soda water into a blender that crushes ice.
- Process the mixture into a slushy mixture. You may have to add more ice.
- Spoon the slushy mixture into 6 cocktail glasses.
- Top with 1/4 cups of the soda water.
- Garnish with a lychee and a mint leaf for each glass.