I love this combination of warm spices on the chickpeas, against the sweet summer flavours of peaches.
1 can chickpeas, drained
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
2 peaches, cut into wedges
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
2 cups spinach
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Marinade chickpeas with soy sauce and spices for 10 minutes or longer.
2. Roast chickpeas in pre-heated oven 180C for 20 minutes.
3. Allow chickpeas to cool, then toss all ingredients together.
Summer peaches are the best at the moment. They add an aromatic sweetness to salads which is so good with the pepperiness of rocket and crunch of almonds.
3 cups of mixed greens including rocket
2 peaches, cut into segments
1 cup cooked quionoa
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup toasted almonds
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon pomegranate molassesMethod:
1. Put vinegar and molasses in a jar and shake to combine.
2. Toss all ingredients together.
3. Ready to serve.
This is one of my favourite salads to make. It tastes delicious, and comes with black beans which is packed full of iron and other goodness. Adding fruit as an ingredient allows you to have the sweetness you need, without having to add sugar to the dressing.
1 can black beans
1 cup corn
1/2 cucumber, deseeded and cubed
1 small capsicum, cubed
1/4 red onion, sliced
1/2 cup coriander, chopped
1 mango, cubed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoons mustardMethod:
1. Put corn in a hot pan without oil, and toss around frequently for about 5-10 minutes until corn has char marks.
2. Put lemon juice and mustard in a clean jar and shake to make a dressing.
3. Toss all ingredients and dressing together.
4. Ready to serve.