Summer peaches are the best at the moment. They add an aromatic sweetness to salads which is so good with the pepperiness of rocket and crunch of almonds.
3 cups of mixed greens including rocket
2 peaches, cut into segments
1 cup cooked quionoa
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup toasted almonds
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon pomegranate molassesMethod:
1. Put vinegar and molasses in a jar and shake to combine.
2. Toss all ingredients together.
3. Ready to serve.
1.5 frozen chopped bananas
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/4 cup peanuts
Blitz all ingredients in a good processor. Serve topped with peanuts.
This is a quick way to cook up some vegetables and give them a delicious Mexican flavour to it.
1 zucchini, chopped
1 capsicum, sliced
10 mushrooms, quartered
1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
1 red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon soy sauce (use tamari for gluten free)
- Sautéed onion in a non-stick pan until it starts to caramelise. Add a small amount of water if it starts to stick.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except coriander) and continue to sauté until vegetables have softened.
- Toss coriander through and serve with rice.
I’ve been missing my Dad of late and trying to recreate some of the dishes that he cooks, although it’s never quite as good as how he does it. I enjoy the delicate texture of the silken tofu with the salty and umami flavours of topping. Some people serve the tofu cold with the topping hot, but I prefer steaming it first.
1 silken tofu
1/4 onion, sliced
1 slice ginger
1 teaspoon fermented blackbeans
2 white button mushrooms, roughly grated
2 dried shitake mushroom, soaked then sliced (reserve soaking liquid)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Chopped spring onion or corriander
- Place silken tofu in a bowl and drain it as much as you can then place into a steamer. This is the serving bowl as the silken tofu is delicate and cannot be moved around too much or it will break. Steam for 10-15 minutes.
- As the tofu is steaming, in a non-stick pan, sautee the onion, ginger, black beans and mushrooms. Add some of the mushroom liquid as the onion starts to brown to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- As the onion and mushrooms start to caramalise, add 1/2 tablespoon of the soy sauce.
- Remove the tofu bowl from the steamer carefully as it will be hot. Drain as much of the liquid as you can.
- Place onion and mushroom topping on the tofu, pour remaining 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce over topping. Garnish with chopped spring onion or corriander. Ready to serve.
This is a beautiful creamy pasta without the queasy feeling after eating a rich and greasy meal.
250 grams fettuccini
1 cup peas
1/4 cups cashews soaked for 6 hours and drained
1/2 white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup cooked cauliflower
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon mustard
1/2 cup broth
Salt and pepper
- Cook fettuccini following instructions on package.
- Whilst fettuccini is cooking, sautee onion in a non-stick pan. Add a small amount of water as onion starts to caramalise to prevent sticking. Add garlic.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and blend until a smooth sauce.
- One minute before fettucini is cooked, add peas.
- Complete cooking pasta and drain pasta and peas.
- Return pasta and peas back into pot, toss alfredo sauce through pasta.
- Top with chopped chives. Ready to serve!
Chilly mornings call for pancakes. This is a pancakes for one recipe which you can multiply for number of people you’re sharing the love with. Full of oats that have the superpower of cleaning out your arteries. Delicious at the same time!
1 ripe banana
100ml plant milk
3/4 cups rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground flaxseed
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup frozen berries
1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Blend all pancake ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Drop batter on medium heat pan to gently cook. Once pancake bubbles on top, flip over to cook and brown the other side. There is no need to use oil of you are cooking on a non-stick ceremic pan.
- Whilst pancake is cooking, microwave or cook over the stove all pancake toppings for a minute. Watch the fruit of cooking in a microwave that the fruit doesn’t bubble over.
- Serve pancake stacked with fruit compote as a topping with a doll so of nut butter.